On the subject of another vaccine, I noticed these two items recently posted on the HSI Forum, the first from J.W.: “You need to check your facts, no study has said thimerosal causes autism. New studies say it does not follow statement by trial lawyers who wish to cash in on civil suits.”
Of course, J.W. is commenting on the recent controversy about the item included in the Homeland Security Bill that will protect Eli Lilly & Company from litigation accusing their product thimerosal (a mercury based preservative used in vaccines for children for many years) for causing autism.
In response to J.W., an HSI member named Lance posted these comments:
“Perhaps no study ‘has said thimerosol causes autism.’ But, many, many reports, studies, doctors have connected/tied thimerosol to autism. I think this truth was about to come out in the courts, when the Senate snuck their midnight protection clause into the Homeland security bill, last month. Thanks to this new, federal intervention, Americans may never know the truth! But, that doesn’t change the facts, including:
- By age two, American children have received 237 micrograms of mercury through vaccines alone, which far exceeds current EPA ‘safe’ levels of .1 mcg/kg. per day. That’s one-tenth of a microgram, not one microgram.
- Four days in particular may be singled out as spectacularly toxic for infants:
- Day of birth: hepatitis B -12 mcg mercury 30 x safe level
- At 4 months: DTaP and HiB on same day – 50 mcg mercury 60 x safe level
- At 6 months: Hep B, Polio – 62.5 mcg mercury 78 x safe level
- At 15 months the child receives another 50 mcg 41 x safe level
- Injected mercury is far more toxic than ingested mercury. There’s no blood-brain barrier in infants. Mercury accumulates in brain cells and nerves. Infants don’t produce bile, which is necessary to excrete mercury.
- Recently, the FDA and AAP have revealed that the amount of mercury given to infants from vaccinations has exceeded safety levels. Autism did not exist until shortly after thimerosol started being used!
Sometimes lawyers get paid to represent the truth. Other times they get paid to cover it up!”
Well put, Lance. I’m sure that the fact that thimerosal is no longer being used in vaccines currently in production is only as a result of watchdog groups and angry parents of autistic children raising their voices diligently. We may not yet be able to say with certainty that thimerosal causes autism, but it’s clear that we’re better off not injecting mercury into children throughout their infancy.
To Your Good Health,
Health Sciences Institute